About me, Reviews, Bullet Journal

Sunday 24 April 2016

Disappointing reads.


Hello everybody today i thought i would do something a little different and talk about the books i didn't really enjoy. I have read many books because of the hype on bookstagram or book tube, these four i wasn't impressed with.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey is the first one. This story is about Cassie Sullivan saving her brother. I really wanted to like this book but maybe the genre dystopian isn't for me but i found to be really slow pace, or it could of been because i was reading this while in a reading slump. it just didn't wow me. I carried on reading this as wanted to see whether i could get into it because i did really wanted to read it. Honestly i don't think i will carry on reading this series.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I really enjoyed Divergent and Insurgent i read it in a couple of days. As Allegiant has just come out as a film which i haven't seen yet, i thought i would pick it up. At first i was skeptical as i have read many mixed reviews. Looking back at it now i didn't enjoy it, there was just something missing which was a shame because the first two book in the series i did enjoy i would recommend then to you.

The maze runner by James Dashner. I have to say the film was better then the book. I finished this book because i did want to find out what happened to them all. There were parts where i did enjoy.The second book in this series The scorch trails, i couldn't get into this book at all i stopped half way through nothing happened.

The fault in our stars by John Green. The film was amazing unfortunately  i wasn't a fan of the book. I read this book because of the hype, Its just not this book i didn't like from John Green i tried to read Paper Town i got half way through and gave the book to a friend.

I hoped you enjoyed something a little different. Comment down below which book you have read that you was disappointed with?

No comments:

Post a Comment